How to prevent bloating?
When gas does not pass through belching or flatulence, it can build up in the stomach and intestines and lead to bloating. With bloating, you may also have abdominal pain that can vary from mild and dull to sharp and intense. Passing gas or having a bowel movement may relieve the pain....
Here are some ways to reduce bloating:
(1) Reduce the amount of sugar-free gum and candies and other foods containing artificial sweeteners like sorbitol and aspartame, which are not digestible and trigger bloating.
(2) Don't eat in a hurry because you swallow a lot of gas-producing air. Chew food well, with your mouth closed, and sip straight from a cup instead of from a straw.
(3) Pay attention to the raw veggies: Raw produce can be tough for your body to break down, leading to bloat. Cooking vegetables makes them easier for your stomach to handle.
(4) Reduce stress and anxiety: Stress hormones speed up everything in your body, including your digestive system.
(5) Get tested: Chronic bloating and gas can be caused by lactose intolerance (sensitivity to the sugar found in milk) or fructose malabsorption (sensitivity to fructose, a sugar found in fruit juice, table sugar, and high-fructose corn syrup)....