General or Other | General Practice | Spider bite (Disease)
A spider bite causes the affected area to become more red, swollen, painful (pain varies in intensity depending on the insect causing the sting) and possibly itchy. All these signs are caused by inflammation which was triggered after the bite, and their evolution is progressive. Initial symptoms are minor and not the individual realizes that he was stung. The minutes and hours that follow the body responds and tries to counter but exogenous substances from insects.
Some patients will have more intense reactions to stings of this type because their bodies are more sensitive. Most affected are infants and children, adults supporting better aggression.
Specific signs and symptoms that include intense reactions: shock (when the circulatory system can not provide adequate blood flow to vital organs), cough, dyspnea, severe breathing, shortness of breath, swelling of tongue, lips, eyelids, palms , soles and mucous membranes (a situation often encountered when Angioedema), confusion, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, rashes and redness; Toxic reactions after single bite can be caused by species of black widow spider, scorpion,caterpillars.
Causes and Risk factors
Insect bites, even if initially seem harmless, can cause anaphylactic shock in allergic predisposing land. Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction) is a medical emergency should not be ignored and can even be life-threatening complications associated with.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Often the only treatment to be applied is that locally, which can be administered at home, no need for patient hospitalization. Severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis): they occur rarely, but can be life threatening and require emergency treatment. ...